Pocketnow Weekly 254: Convertibles, Project Treble and Fear China!
This week had a load of convertibles thrown upon us — and we're not talking about Corvettes. We intersect Surface Pro and MateBook with Chinese companies winning and flailing and playing some sleight of hand, plus a quick hot take or two on how Android O will save Google from the big "F-word," all on this week's show.
Our own Adam Z. Lein joins us for this tailspin, so make sure you're charged and ready for the Pocketnow Weekly!
Watch the video recorded from 11:15pm Eastern on May 25th, or check out the high-quality audio version right here. You can shoot your listener emails to firstname.lastname@example.org for a shot at getting your question read aloud on the air the following week!Pocketnow Weekly 254
May 25, 2017Hosts
The news delivered in just a few minutes and a lotta bit of discussion.
- LeEco downsizes in the US after grandiose run
- iPhone SE ranked high in customer satisfaction
- Galaxy S8's BOGO deal is lasting longer than the LG G6's BOGO deal
- Huawei does laptops
- Check out our Samsung Galaxy Book review
- Microsoft Surface Pro refreshed
- Huawei follows up with MateBook E
- Questionably-funded Chuwi SurBook leaves us wondering
- Not convertible, but it's a huge 'ol Wacom Windows tablet!
Fragmentation's been causing a lot of trouble in Android land. Will the next version fix things up with Project Treble's way of letting vendors implement code without hand-holding Android code?
See you soon!