Hacking Governments, Corporations and Humans with Chris Hadnagy
The Cross over of Social Engineering and Cyber-security
If you are a leader in any capacity you know; cyber security has never been more important… But in a time where we as leaders are encouraged to allow our people on-line interactions and for us all to be more open and personal… where is the line?
How can we be cyber-safe with "phishing" "Smsishing" and "Vishing" You might be wondering what these are and why you need to care.
Well stay tuned because you are about to find out; our guest on this episode is…
Chris Hadnagy is the CEO at Social Engineer, LLC where he is chief human hacker, that uses his powers for good to increase the security posture of organizations and provide security awareness training.
He is also the founder of the Innocent Lives Foundation, which helps track and capture predators who traffic and exploit children.
Chris possesses over 17 years experience as a practitioner and researcher in the security field. His efforts in training, education, and awareness have helped to expose social engineering as the top threat to the security of organizations today.
Chris specializes in understanding how malicious attackers exploit human communication and trust to obtain access to information and resources through manipulation and deceit.
Chris Hadnagy is the author of several books the latest of which is: "Social Engineering" The science of human Hacking!
In addition, he holds certifications as an Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP) and an Offensive Security Wireless Professional (OSWP).
On this episode we take a serious look at not only:
Russian Hackers effecting elections and how cyber-hacking is both the latest and potentially the most treating form of warfare today.
- We discus how governments have in the past, and how governments in are using hacking to take down democratic and non-democratic countries.
- How hackers have broken into seemingly impenetrable organizations and massively effected the economy (billions of dollars in a day)
- Why the biggest threat to your system is not what you think; it's not your software or even hardware... we'll show you what it really is.
- We talk about the conscious manipulation of the press
- We will cross over into the fascinating area of social engineering how we are being manipulated and what we can do about it.
- We dig into micro-expression and understanding unconscious human behaviour and how Chris Hadnagy and the forefather of the science Doctor Paul Ekman.
- We talk about how our non-verbal communication can be used to break in to your organization.
This is a truly fascinating interview that will enlighten, awaken and inspire.
to find out more about Chris: https://www.social-engineer.com
Remember you can now also find us on iTunes, Spotify, iHeart Radio, or wherever you tune into podcasts
And on traditional radio stations across the US every Monday and Thursday on:
99.5 FM & 1520 AM Las Vegas
102.1 FM & 1640 AM Lancaster, Philadelphia
87.9 FM & 810 AM Macon, Gorgia
92.1 FM & 1630 AM Tampa, Florida
97.7 The Villages, Florida
96.3 FM Boulder ,Colorado
90.3 FM Milwaukee, Wisconsin
94.7 FM Pittsburg, Philadelphia
87.9 FM Colorado Springs, Colorado
Also look for us on ROKU TV where there’s 100K subscribers.
If you are a regular listener, then a big thank you to you for making us the #1 podcast Globally for Fortune 500 listeners!
And with a potential reach of 2.5 to 3 million listeners for every show, we’re honoured and grateful to be cited in INC.com as The #1 Podcast To Make You a Better Leader.
By the way you can now listen in via “Google Home” or “Alexa” Find us there by just saying: “Play Dov Baron’s Podcast”