100 - The Teafaerie on DMT, Transhumanism, and What To Do with All of God's Attention
This week’s guest is The Teafaerie, my amazing friend and a true one-of-a-kind psychedelic superhero.
The Teafaerie writes stories, poems, movies, plays and essays, makes videos, organizes flash mobs, and is one of the founders of Prometheatrics, a big beautiful Esplanade camp at Burning Man. At various times she has been a writer, nanny, actress, flow arts teacher, childbirth doula, homeless person, aid worker, live-action storyteller, toy inventor, app designer, street performer, and party promoter. She is a frequent contributor to the worlds most excellent psychedelic information site Erowid.org. She also regularly volunteers as a festival trip sitter with the Zendo Project and RGX medical.
Her most recent essay on Erowid:
My favorite of her essays:
More about psychedelic harm reduction:
- Why it’s okay that the Elon Musk will get (to beta-test) immortality first (for the rest of us)
- The intimately cybernetic world of brain-machine interfaces and Life After Advertising
- “I’m just a coward. I TRIED despair and I can’t TAKE that shit.”
- How parenthood changes your decision to be or not to be an optimist.
- Simulation Theory
- ~ ”We need to stop stressing the system and offload our consciousness offworld to L5 or VR”
- …or is that some whack pseudognostic transmania?
- “I believe the universe is art, because…”
- We’re the children of god, but most people act like we’re the pets of god or the toys of god.
- The child of a sheep grows up to be a sheep. The child of a god grows up to be a god.
- Mass manifestation and the Global Consciousness Project
- How to make wishes come true by getting god’s attention
- Partner yoga for engineered miracles
- Burning Man is a manifestation engine
- What Are You Playing For?
- What evolution looks like to DNA
- Designer Babies & THE ETHICS OF Designer Babies
- “Do you know The Silmarillion?”
- Olaf Stapledon is the man
- Black Mirror’s episode “Black Museum”
- Autonomous by Annalee Newitz and robot AR architecture
- Greg Egan’s Permutation City (and Diaspora)
- “Any sufficiently advanced 3D printer could tattoo you.”
- ~ “If the universe is determined, it’s offensive to me, it devalues my art.”
- Getting your wishes fulfilled is of evolutionary benefit
- How many things had to go right? ALL of them.
- “Maybe THIS is the shortest path, and it’s JUST LONG.”
- 5-Meo DMT
- The burden of publishing to an enormous audience on Erowid
- Fangirling about my sci fi, “An Oral History of the End of ‘Reality’” (Episode 91)
Future Fossils Podcast is starting a book club for mind-blowing sci fi!
Learn more and sign up:
Subscribe to this show on any platform you desire: