#57. Roxane Battle - Pulling Away from the Pain + Facing Towards Joy
Today's guest is Roxane Battle. She was a TV News Presenter for 20 years, and if you're from the Minnesota region you will likely recognize her from NBC's KARE 11.
But today we're talking about the lessons about life she was learning behind the scenes - what was happening after the camera stopped rolling, and how even when life can look picture-perfect on the outside, it isn't always the case.
We ALL have our struggles and heartache, and we're talking in this episode about how you can pull yourself up and start moving forward from them.
Specifically we cover:
- How you can start to put it back together when your life falls apart
- How determination and perseverance are your best friends - we're often stronger than we know
- The power of optimism and looking for what is still good
- The power in forgiving you both yourself and others who have hurt you
- BUT how that forgiveness is not letting someone else off the hook
- And ultimately, how Joy can help you stay focused on the future and hope.
Roxane's book is called - Pockets of Joy - and it can be found here: Pockets of Joy on Amazon
The book also has a companion journal - Pockets of Joy Journal.
Roxane has generously offered to giveaway a copy of each to the fist person who emails her! Her website with contact details is: RoxaneBattle.com
To find out more about the host, that's me Kate, and my Life Coaching offerings - my webhome is www.thrive.how