#25. Strategies to Help You Deal with Toxic People
This week's episode I'm delving into 4 strategies to help you deal with the difficult relationships in your life. Sometimes there are people that we struggle with, yet we just can't avoid. It may be your extended family during the holiday season or your difficult colleague. This episode specifically addresses:
- How to prepare for being around someone who you find difficult
- Learning how to Name Your Emotions to Tame Them
- The Emotion-Word Wheel and how it can help you
- How to take on a Empathetic Mindset
- Recognizing that Hurt People are the ones that Hurt People
- How Self-Awareness can help you stop reacting
- How White Light Protective Meditation can be useful before facing difficult people.
The questions you can ask yourself to help tame your emotions might include:
- How am I feeling?
- What kind of emotions come up for me when I think about X?
- Why am I feeling this way?
A good image of an Emotional-Word Wheel can be found at: http://imgur.com/gallery/q6hcgsH
To join the Here to Thrive Facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/heretothrive
To head to my website: www.thrive.how
If you want to save this podcast for easy future reference, head over the the blog link and Pin the page to Pinterest: www.thrive.how/podcast25