#37. How I Marry the Mystical with the Practical
I’m getting personal and talking about my struggle to integrate both the Mystical & Practical sides of myself. I now recognize that it was through finding a way to do so, that I have ultimately been able to find my sense of wholeness.
Specifically, I’m discussing:
- What Mysticism is
- The Left Brain/Right Brain divide
- How we mainly live in a Left Brain world (and how Science may have screwed us)
- And how Action is the key to bringing the mystical stuff into the real world
I’ve also got 3 questions for you to ask yourself to help you integrate what is coming up from your mystical side:
· What is rising in me that wants to be expressed?
· What can I do to bring this to life?
· What are my next 3 simple steps?
In this episode, I mention Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor and her book, My Stroke of Insight. You can also watch her TED talk here: http://www.ted.com/talks/jill_bolte_taylor_s_powerful_stroke_of_insight
I also talk about a book that I found life-changing, A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle. It won’t change everyone's’ (I’ve decided no book ever really has!), but it turned up right when I was ready to read it and helped me look at my world differently.
If you’d like to know more about me, or my Coaching programs where I mix the practical with the old-school wisdom so many of us crave, head over to my web-home at www.thrive.how