#96. Jodi Baretz on Mindfulness: Don't Miss Your Life
Jodi Baretz had me having serious a-ha moments. Her description of why we should be aware of mindfulness, and the benefits it has for us, tugged hard at my heartstrings. I've known about mindfulness and the theory for a long time, but I've never had someone kind of hit me between the eyes about why I would want to prioritize it in my own life, and I feel like our conversation really did that for me.
Jodi is a Psychotherapist, Mindfulness Teacher & Integrative Health Coach, and she weaves all of this expertise into her own type of wisdom.
She is also the author of the brand new release, Mindful is the New Skinny. To grab your copy, head here: https://amzn.to/2xNECbp
In this episode, a small snippet of the things we cover include:
- How the desire for external perfection robs us of our joy
- How a diet-mindset undermines self-compassion
- How obsession with food can be an avoidance mechanism for what we don't want to face in our lives
- How we can start being kinder to ourselves
- Importance of awareness of our thoughts (and how mindfulness helps us achieve this)
- How starting a meditation practice can feel like you're locked in a phone booth with a crazy person (but that is okay!)
- How practicing mindfulness really helps us out when we're up against life's challenges
- How so many of us are missing out on making memories in our lives because we're not present
- and how we can make sleep a pampering experience.
All that and I LOVED her definition of fulfillment! It is a GOODIE!
To find Jodi online (and grab your freebie), head to www.jodibaretz.com
To find her on Instagram & Facebook - search for Mindful is the New Skinny
To join her Mindful Mom's facebook group, head to: https://www.facebook.com/groups/mindfulmoms/?ref=br_rs